Then there’s you, then came you

Meet our newest son, Milo Burke.

Born Sunday, April 14, at 6:16 a.m. He was 7 pounds, 3.3 ounces, and 20 inches long.

***

In case you don’t follow me on Facebook or Twitter, where I’ve been documenting the last several days, we’ve had quite the tumultuous postpartum experience. Four days in the NICU for a bowel blockage, followed by two days at home, followed by my re-admittance to the hospital to treat an infection. The saga is not quite over yet — I’m slated to be released later today — but soon I’ll write more.

For now, though, know that Milo is doing great. He’s a perfect little baby, who looks a lot like his big brother Rowan, with some distinction of his own. Rowan is adjusting in his own unique way, though I know he’s craving a return to some semblance of (new) normalcy soon. And Roth is a rock star dad right now, taking care of Milo and Rowan on his own, juggling schedules and feedings and changings. When this is all over, this man deserves a medal. And all the beer.

To all who have reached out to offer help, express concern or extend well wishes, thank you. These last nine days have been the toughest stretch of days I’ve ever had to endure. But there is light here at the end.

Posted on April 23, 2013 | Category: Uncategorized | 8 Comments

Comments

1. Megan @ Mama Bub said:

That last picture of the boys – oh my heart.

Here’s hoping you never need to see the inside of a hospital again after today.

April 23rd, 2013 @ 11:58 am
  2. Home Sweet Sarah said:

So glad you all are doing well. I am hoping for a quick release for you later today, my friend!

April 23rd, 2013 @ 11:59 am
  3. ste said:

Congratulations! I hope the light comes quickly.

April 23rd, 2013 @ 3:38 pm
  4. Angella said:

So glad he’s better and you’re getting there!

April 24th, 2013 @ 7:17 am
  5. -Jen said:

I am so glad that you are seeing the light at the end of this ordeal. Milo is beautiful. I hope you get the chance to soak up some wonderful soon.

April 24th, 2013 @ 10:22 am
  6. Steph said:

I’m so glad the hospital visits are behind you now (hopefully)! Milo is beautiful. Fitting, because he looks just like his Mama.

April 25th, 2013 @ 9:49 pm
  7. Rhi said:

He is a handsome little guy! I’m so glad you all are home and together now.

April 30th, 2013 @ 12:23 pm
  8. Jody Lamb (@jodymlamb) said:

Congrats. He’s a beautiful boy! I dig his name, too! How amazing is it that you can write such a beautiful little post amid the chaos of the toughest of times?! A true writer. To the awesomeness of the good times ahead!

May 2nd, 2013 @ 7:07 pm